Castle Ruan

An extensive refurbishment and modernisation of a large house overlooking the Fowey estuary. An original photograph was sourced dating from the late 1800’s, and based on this the house’s original features were restored. This included reinstating the crenellated top to the stair tower, rebuilding the defective balcony and extending it around the stair tower and building a zinc canopy roof over the balcony. A later 1960’s annex is also being rebuilt to better complement the house.

Work on this project was undertaken in partnership with Guy Goodfellow Ltd, an interior and architectural design practice based in London, where we were able to provide knowledge of local construction practices and council planning policies and prepared drawings for planning permission and building regulations. We also gave detailed design support during construction.

Status: Building works are complete.






Grade 2 House & Barns Refurbishment
2015-02-24

The property is a detached Grade II Listed house which was originally constructed in c1710. This property stands on the site of an ancient Cluniac Priory. Little of the original building remains, although some early carved stones have been excavated by previous owners.


Find out more

Kels, Mevagissey
2009-10-05

A large extension to an existing single bedroom bungalow.


Find out more

Riverside Farm
2013-03-20

New build cottage style house.


Find out more